Friday, September 10, 2010

Kitchen Remodel

At last the kitchen project is complete! It has been for a while, I've just really not had the kitchen clean enough to snap some pics :)




Before.....


After...



I was really ok with my cabinets and hardwood, but not so crazy about the pink laminate counter tops

Some of my favorite things:

Electrolux Fridge! Love all of the extra room


Island with room for my cookbooks and magazines


Dual Zone Wine Fridge


Ahhh...all the wine I have not been able to drink since January..stored away to enjoy maybe in 18 years..


Farmhouse Sink...& Obnoxious Faucet the hubby had to have


Now for the dilemma....here is my old work island which I love. Originally I wanted to put a hutch on this wall (as you can see from the picture below my dining room is just to the end of the kitchen area). However, this work island comes in handy when people are over and its nice to have the extra cooking room...its just not so pleasing to the eye. Especially since its seems dwarfed by the 11' ceilings.....Suggestions please!! Do I keep the island and hang some shelves above it..I have thought of the idea of a coffee bar? Or do I beg the hubby for the hutch I've always wanted??



3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks beautiful :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What gorgeousness - you even had a beautiful "before" ;) So jealous here! No advice for hutch/no hutch. You've got great taste, I'm sure you'll make the right decision!

    ReplyDelete