Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wild Dunes

So after much consideration the hubby and I decided to set out to the Charleston, SC area for a much needed vacation. I was really worried that the heat would bother me, but it ended up being a nice vacation. Don't get me wrong it was HOT and I did end up taking lots of naps!

We stayed at Ocean Point in Wild Dunes. This area worked out well for us because Shane was close to the golf course and the beach was not too crowded (perfect for a pregnant lady rockin the 2 piece bikini).



I love waking up overlooking the ocean every morning...if I could live at the beach I definitely would.



A few of our favorite places to eat in the area....


Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island


The Boathouse at Isle of Palms


please forgive my uber excitement over the Peninsula Grill coconut cake, but its the BEST!

We also had some great meals at Hank's and Magnolia's...I salivated over the wine list a little, but the food was excellent nonetheless.

The day I decided to venture into town to do a little King Street shopping it was hot...

See!!! 100 degrees....I really think my baby girl started boiling in my belly..I made sure I stayed hydrated and believe it or not my feet did NOT swell :)

For those who want to see how the baby bump is progressing I think this is the best pic..



If you've never been to the Charleston area I highly recommend you visit. The food can't be beat, the people are so friendly and the city is just beautiful..


So what is your favorite vacation destination, or if you've been to Charleston what are your favorite places to visit in the area?

4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a wonderful vacation! I love your grey dress. I didn't even notice a baby bump, but congratulations!!!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! Charleston is gorgeous. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. charleston looks beautiful. i've never been, but i want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so tiny and cute! what a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete