Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ups and Downs

While I know this is the time in my life I should be excited I find the worry and stress often interfere. Part of me just wants my little girl to hurry up and get here and the other feels like I'll never be ready! We haven't even started the nursery..YIKES! But I have finally decided on the furniture and plan to order it this week. I am a bit nervous about ordering furniture I have not seen in person, but I have my fingers crossed. My mind is on overload with registering and showers-do I need a video monitor? glider? pack and play? am I leaving anyone off the invitation list? what should be on the menu? One of my biggest dilemmas is labor and birth education. I still just do not know if I want to take the classes. Will they prepare me or make my nerves worse? Then I stop and think I should be enjoying this process and I need to CALM down. Unfortunately I think I have reached the point where running just isn't comfortable anymore and this was my best stress relief. I guess power walking (waddling) will have to suffice.

Now, on the upside I dream about baby girl all of the time. Lots of times she reminds me of her daddy...who of course is the most handsome man on the planet ;)
Every time she kicks I cannot help but to smile...Of course usually it is one or two o'clock in the morning. Every time I see a little baby out I stop and ask what its name is and talk to the parents...they always reassure me that being a parent is the best thing in the world. And the best news is we've finally decided on a name we both love....Hallelujah! I did not think this was possible.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting time for you and your husband!!! I'm sure it's hard not to also be stressed though. Hopefully you can relax soon and enjoy the fun stuff.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi, Jen! I stumbled upon your blog. Your sweet musings of motherhood remind me of my own fears and excitement during pregnancy with each of my 3 kiddos. Its a difficult emotion to explain isnt it? Bursting joy mixed with cringing fear that Ill never do motherhood right.

    Keep up the great work on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete