Thursday, February 5, 2015

Carsyn Says Bachelor Edition

I will preface this by saying I know it may be completely out of line to allow my 4 year old daughter watch the Bachelor.  But here's how it happened.

Every night I tell the kids its night night time and that they need to go to bed.  They're reluctant but they both go upstairs to their rooms.  Hank usually picks out what stuffed animal he wants to sleep with and plays in his room for a few minutes.  After I shut his door Carsyn sneaks back downstairs to watch TV.  I usually let her pick one thing to watch.  
We started this tradition and then this happened.

Me: Ok, time for bed.
Carsyn:  Well, what are you going to do?
Me: Well, Carsyn I could lie and and say go to bed, but the truth is I have to take a bath, fold laundry, do dishes, and maybe watch a TV show.
Carsyn: Oh. Like a grown up comedy.
Me: Yes.
Carsyn: Well why don't I just lay here on the sofa and sleep and snuggle with you so you don't get lonely.
Me: Ok. I am a sucker

So I turned on the Bachelor and thought she'd be out in 5 minutes.

Unfortunately girlfriend was hooked.  And honestly she had some great opinions to share.

Here we go.

The opening scenes come on and show hot air balloons

Ohhhh….this is going to be great!

Fast forward and Chris is on a date with a girl who's name I can never remember.  Apparently they are seeing some sort of love Dr.?



They said they are in Arizona.  But I'm pretty sure they're in China.  Cause that lady looks like a Chinese Emperor.


I like her.

Her hair is pretty. Can you fix me a braid like that tomorrow?

At this point I"ll add they look super uncomfortable.  I'm uncomfortable and I'm pretty sure CPS would be on their way over if they knew we were watching this so I hit fast forward.


Looks like the girls are going white water rafting.

Someone is surely going in the water.

I think they'll be fine.  

I told you so.

I decide she predicts this show better than me and ask who she thinks will win.

If I was on that show he'd pick me.

Oh mercy

I'm definitely perfect.

Double mercy.

And I think Hank should be the Bachelor someday.

Ok.

And mom, when I"m a wedding girl someday I don't want to wear a white dress.  You can wear a white dress.  I'll wear red.

Classy

And marry Maddox.

Maddox is your cousin.

I know. I love him.

Well. Maybe that's not the best idea.

Ok.  I"ll marry Alex.  Will Ella give him to me?

That's another cousin too, but that's sweet and completely innocent so we'll talk about that some other time.

Which girl do you think is the prettiest?

The one with the pretty lipstick.  She stays mad all the time.

Clearly that's Ashley.

They show Ashley.  And for the life of me I cannot get a decent picture of her.


Is she the one Carsyn?

She's the beautifulist but looks better with red lipstick.

I like Whitney, Carsyn.  That's her….do you like her?

Nope.  She's bossy.

Side note.  I googled Whitney for Rosie to show her which one she was and this popped up.


Got to be for the KY girl.

Oh ok.  Well what about Chris?  Is he cute?

He looks like Uncle Robby.  And Daddy too.

So he's cute?

Sure.


Britt doesn't shower.  Thats so odd.  Do you think she smells bad?

Nope.  All girls smell like roses.

Britt is going on the hot air balloon!

I really want to go on one of those.
Do you think all of us can fit in the basket?
I don't want to go if our family can't fit.
Lets take one to Hawaii.  
It will be so nice.
They just blow hot air all over you so you don't get cold.
Can I take some playdoh with me?
Where is my playdoh?
Can we play playdoh?

Interest is fading….


But we found some playdoh!

Chris is wearing a leather jacket.  Do you like it?

Oh yes.  Daddy wears leather jackets and they look good.

I tell Carsyn to look Whitney gets a rose.


My favorite is going to get her sad face on. (Laughing)

Clearly a 4 year old shows no loyalties.

Side note.  I'm glad Ashely hasn't dropped the v world yet because I'm not prepared to explain that.  Pretty sure we're walking on rocky ground just watching this.

And its so odd Britt sleeps in makeup.  But Carsyn says her red lipstick really makes her eyes pop.

Than promptly falls asleep and thank goodness.

Because these girls appear all sorts of crazy.  


How do you feel about Kelsey?  Does she seem disingenuine?
I think Britt maybe doesn't shower.  I mean her makeup is always on.
I think Chris is in over his head.
And I think Ashley is a short timer. 
My money is on Britt.  Maybe Whitney?

Thoughts?







No comments:

Post a Comment