Monday, August 27, 2012

another weekend

So sorry if my weekends bore you! Life right now is all about my two babies and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just want to remember and cherish everyday no matter how tough.


Saturday started out a little rough. Hank is a champion sleeper..ahem..cosleeper and momma was tired from tossing with the wee one all night. I'm not giving up on the crib though! He's still going 2-3 1/2 hour stretches and I'm pretty content with that. So, back to Saturday morning...I decided to not go for our usual run because I think I've been pushing myself too hard. I've decided to take a few days off of physical activity to see how my body feels. Boo. When I don't exercise I get grouchy. Momma needs her endorphins. Hank was super fussy, Carsyn was clingy, and the hubby was doing yard work. We went outside to work in the yard but it was getting to hot for the kiddos so we decided to run to McDs for an iced coffee and WalMart to buy some DVDs. In the drive thru I noticed Carsyn was looking sleepy so I rushed home to put her down for her nap. Fail. She fell asleep in the car and this kid would not go back to sleep.


Luckily, the hubby took over and Carsyn and him played by the pool awhile. It cooled down and I took Hank out to join them.



Boom. Kid fell asleep on the lounge chair and slept for almost 2 hours. Seriously, give the kid an umbrella drink and some sunscreen! Carsyn really wanted her movies by this point so we finally made the dreaded trip to Satan's Warehouse.




Kid has decided she chooses what she wants to wear now and I'm just trying not to oppose. Lilly for Walmart? Perfect, C, perfect.

We actually had a nice little evening and Carsyn started melting down early which meant a rare early bedtime for her. For all those out there wandering what happens when my child misses her nap...



Lovely. Its actually not that bad until it gets late and then the grouchies take over-poor girl. I did take advantage of early bedtime and work on my project life a little.



Saturday night scrapbooking = perfection. Seriously, could I be any more lame?

Sunday was a nice relaxing day filled with sofa cuddles and even a little momma solo time..



How was your weekend?

I am again apologizing for the iphone pics. Perhaps the birthday fairies are working on my computer dilemma ;)

2 comments:

  1. Cutest pic ever of Hank! Love the way he is sleeping! Don't you envy babies and their ability to sleep anywhere anytime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you scrapbook?! I so wish I had gotten into that. I have one album for E so far. One. Fail.

    ReplyDelete