Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Spirit

Its been really easy to get into the Christmas spirit this year!! We've already had a lot of snow and I'm feeling a "white" Christmas for the first time in several years. Speaking of snow I got "snowed in" at my mom and dad's the other night and it was so much fun. My family is filled with educators- my mom is a kindergarten teacher, 2 of my aunts are/were teachers, my sister teaches 1st grade, my grandmother is a retired teacher and my MIL is a superintendent. I am so proud of all of them! Every year mom makes ornaments for every child in her classroom and I was tickled this year that I got to monogram them. I hope I did a decent job. We drank hot chocolate and set up til midnight..I think Carsyn even enjoyed herself- she slept in her travel crib and did not make a peep!!
The result:



As of right now I lack buying about 5 gifts-luckily my sister and mom are on their annual Chicago shopping trip and will take care of some things for me. A part of me wishes I was there, but I am looking forward to Shane's company Christmas party this year- I am excited to see John Anderson perform...Seminole Wind anyone??

I just finished my stack of Christmas cards and will get them in the mail tomorrow..I can't wait to show y'all. I love how they turned out.



I cannot believe its less than 10 days til Christmas! I am dressing baby girl in Christmas outfits every day. I am always so depressed when its over.



So how is everyone doing? Are you finished shopping? Will you get a white Christmas this year?

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. You did a wonderful job on the Christmas ornaments! Carsyn looks so cute. She is definitely one of my favorite things, but I couldn't put her on the list because I wouldn't want to give her to other people. I want to keep her....please try to explain to Shane.

    ReplyDelete