Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby its Cold Outside

Its been a bit chilly here in KY and there's nothing more I'd rather do than snuggle up with baby girl, but I'm still trying to get all of my decorations up. She's been very good about keeping herself entertained...



and taking nice long winter naps....



Cold weather always gets me in the mood for certain foods and 2 of my favorites are Chicken Casserole and Potato Soup. My SIL makes the best potato soup, you should try it!

As far as chicken casserole my favorite is from Paula Deen:


Pats Almond Chicken Casserole:

3 large boneless chicken breasts or 8 tenders
1/2 c almonds-(I prefer slivered)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup sour cream
3 envelopes of ritz crackers, crushed
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted

Cook chicken then chop into bite size pieces
Toast almonds
Combine chicken, almonds, soups, celery, and sour cream in a bowl- add salt and pepper to taste
Pour into greased pan
Combine crackers and butter and pour on top of casserole
Bake at 350 approximately 30 minutes or until bubbly

2 comments:

  1. of course our same birthday babies have the same playmat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O thank the Lord for the play mat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete