Monday, May 31, 2010

A Hot One!

Wow! What a hot Memorial Weekend. I got a lot of work done this weekend thanks to my mom who worked her butt off at my house on Saturday. I don't know what I would do without her. We did cook some peas and grill some steaks for dinner in appreciation.




This was my first attempt at cooking peas and everyone swore they were delicious but once again nothing like my grandmas...


Shane and I were both looking forward to Sunday and relaxing. We went to the lake and got to spend some time with Shane's family. Everyone is so excited about the baby it was the topic of conversation, but I always love hearing what is going on in my in-laws lives too. My mother and father-in-law are embarking on an adventure as they are building a home (their home burnt down just before Christmas). I am beginning to detect their excitement as it is finally underway. It sounded like Kristi and Robby had a great trip to Turks and Caicos. My mouth was watering as they talked about the delicious food. Afterwards, I went to my mom and dad's to swim with my little cousins. They are so hyper I was thinking how am I ever going to be able to handle a little one?!? I was thankful to spend time with everyone, but today was nice to have some "me time" by the pool also.



I got through about half of that stack of magazines, but I spent a lot of time day dreaming because.....


We finally booked our vacation..
Charleston here we come...I am excited to get out of town and eat some great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment