Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The time I rocked the cat eye in Subway

When my friend Ricarda mentioned to me she was hosting a makeup workshop earlier this month I was ecstatic.  Y'all know I am a makeup junkie with no skills.  I mean I don't go around looking like a clown all the time...(well I hope not), but I never change up my look.

I've been wearing the Naked pallette in different combinations since it came out. Nars blush in orgasm has been my go to for probably 4 years.  I rarely wear black eyeliner and stick with a soft brown.  I've been known to go a whole week without wearing makeup.

Whew...felt good to get that off my chest.

I needed an intervention.  Or an awakening.

I volunteered to be Ricarda's guinea pig and she put a plan in action.  She was going to demonstrate the cat eye on me since I'd asked her how to do it and use several products I already head.

This would be #winning.

If people still say that.

I showed up Saturday bare faced and full of excitement.  I wish I could share with you what an awesome time we had.  Ricarda did the other girl's face with dupes and it was awesome.  You could not tell one side was almost entirely drug store makeup!  I took notes feverishly and awaited my turn.

She demonstrated the cat eye on one of my eyes and made it look so simple.  She did the other eye softer and finished with some bold lipstick.  Which I NEVER do.  Everyone ranted over how good it looked and we all started chatting after the demo.  We cleaned up, snacked, and peeked inside our goody bags and I lost track of time.

Rosie had volunteered to come help me clean the kid's playroom that day while W had offered to take the kids to my MILs. So I rushed out the door vaguely hearing Ricarda ask if I needed evened out.

We had received samples of Spark and I popped the lid on my water, mixed it up and drank it on the way home devising my plan.  I talked to Rosie and she was working away and told me not to be in any hurry and stop at Subway and pick up lunch.

Well, Spark had taken its effect and I guess I had a little pep in my step after an exciting girl's day so I all but skipped in Subway.  The sandwich artist eyed be a little suspiciously and I thought she might have a problem with my avocado addiction.  I finished my order and made a quick run in Rite Aid.  The checkout lady might have looked at me oddly and I remember thinking she probably wasn't used to seeing me in full makeup and bright lipstick.

At home Rosie and I went into full cleaning mode for hours.  She ranted and raved on how she liked my makeup (I will go ahead and insert Rosie is a bit blind) and we finished packing up old toys.

W walked through the door and set the kids down.  I was expecting "How was your day?" or "Wow, the house looks so clean." And instead I got a funny look.

Perplexed I said "Oh, you remember today was my makeup thing, right?"

To which he replied..."Yeah.....ummm....is it a new thing to wear your eyes different?"

In which I said,  "You must be talking about my awesome cat eye......OHHHH MMMM GEEEEE! I forgot!! She only did one. I've been all over town like this!"

And that my friends, is how you do NOT rock the cat eye.

1 comment: