Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to the Beach- Charleston Trip



As I've said before the Charleston, SC area is probably one of my favorite places on earth. We visit every year and have a blast and this year was no exception. It had only been about a month since our Florida trip, but Carsyn was like a totally different kid. Gone was the baby content to sit on a towel and play with toys..








Seriously, the kid LOVES the sand. We had to dunk her in the pool before we went back to the condo every day! She crawled toward the water and did not stop either. I can't believe she wasn't afraid of the ocean like she was a month ago. She loved finding sticks and playing with Maddox's diggers..





I have sort of always envisioned taking my kids and my sister's kids on vacation together and them having a ball. I must say I am not disappointed in how much these kids love each other. It just melts my heart. No matter how tiring it is to keep kids entertained in 90+ degree weather I look at these pictures of Carsyn and Maddox playing together and its soooo worth it :)


(This is probably one of my favorite pictures of them together)

Of course, naps were a must, no matter how uncomfortable..




More beach pics..






*(long story about this photo- I had wanted to get a beach picture of Carsyn and I wearing white, creative huh? ;) similar to my sister's above. Well, the day we took ours it was 100 degrees and the wind was blowing something fierce. I was MELTING, the wind was wreaking havoc on my hair, and my dress was practically over my head. Long story short, it was not the composed photo I had sought. However, I now love this photo. I am NEVER composed and Carsyn is such a go with the flow beach babe. This picture sums us up terrifically.




No Trip to Charleston would be complete without a few things..

1) Pineapple Fountain Pics!!












2)Good Eats!!

We tried out 2 new places to eat this trip- Fleet Landing & Virginia's. We really liked Virginia's (ok partly due to their kid friendly attitude), but Fleet Landing was a disappointment. The only thing that made up for it was the view. Unfortunately it was dark and my camera just wouldn't capture the scenery.

Fleet Landing..








The Kids at Virginia's..


3) King Street Shopping!!




The kids love their Rosie..

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad one of us has a beach baby!! Carsyn is looking more grown up and less like a baby. Looks like y'all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Charleston! It is seriously one of my "happy" places! I'm so glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is getting so big and more adorable every time I see her!!! I am glad you all had such a good time-her stroller is darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun trip! That's so great that Carsyn has a sweet cousin to grow up with. And you got some great pictures of you and your girl - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey girlie. super happy I found your blog. I'm totally following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 4 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out my latest post featuring pictures from my Mad Hatter themed engagement party. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete