Monday, July 11, 2011

Downhearted, Disenchanted, & Disillusioned




I will be a debby downer for today. I think I'm entitled. I received a phone call from the hubby while shopping with my family Friday afternoon. "Jen, we've been robbed." Shocked, I sat down as he went room by room telling me what was missing. I asked if Elvis was ok and he said yes. When I asked about my jewelry he told me it was all gone. ALL GONE. There were other things missing, but I just couldn't get over my entire jewelry box missing. I cried and cried and cried. Truthfully, I am still crying. Is is because those were items that can never be replaced? Yes. Is is because my hubby worked so many long hours to buy my engagement ring which no longer fit? Yes. But mostly its because I feel violated. A thug was in my home. A thug was in my baby's room. A thug has taken away my trust and my sense of security. I am a firm believer that God does not give us more than we can handle. My baby girl is safe, happy, and healthy and in the large scheme of things that is all that matters. But honestly, my sadness has just turned to bitter anger. I am PISSED! I am upset we live in a world that lets murderers walk free and criminals go unpunished. I am ashamed to live in a society with no morals. A society in which getting high is a number one priority.



Some words of wisdom for you ladies is please get your jewelry insured. It is likely not covered under your homeowners insurance in cases of theft. Also, lock up your Louis Vuitton- apparently dope heads are more educated than they used to be.



Enough whining for now, I'm just around the corner to the light of day :)

16 comments:

  1. OMG...how awful.
    My heart goes out to you all...I can only imagine how you must feel!

    so sorry, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, I am so sorry. That is just awful. I know they took so much more than things. They took memories and precious gifts. You have every right to be sad and angry. I'm glad you're all safe but so sorry that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...that sucks. Seriously...no other words. I am so sorry! I am so glad y'all weren't home when they were there & that you guys are okay. I can't even imagine how mad I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg Jen I am sorry to hear that. I would be pissed too but I think the feeling of not feeling safe in your own home is worst. But then again you work so hard for what u have to have a loser come and just take it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about this:( We can only pray that justice is served for the person committed the crime and that you can fully recover! How lucky are you that you just weren't home or harmed. I will be keeping your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh Jen I am so sorry! I just gasped out loud. I hate that for you :( So glad everyone is safe. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry girl! Unfortunately that is what EKY has become.......a beautiful area that is now full of loser pill heads who will steal anything to get a high. When my dad was alive, his business was burglarized probably 10-15 times. Each time, he called the Sheriff and took new steps to stop them from doing it again. Again and again they came back and burglarized the place! It was in a secluded area where the closest neighbor was a little old lady....prime for the picking! Thievery disgusts me and this is coming from someone who makes their living defending said thieves!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Jen, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I can only imagine how violated you must feel. So happy to hear though, that no one was hurt! I will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no :-( This is only the second time I've read your blog, but I had to comment. My roommate and I were robbed the evening of Cinco de Mayo while out for dinner. I know exactly how you are feeling. The creepy feeling of someone being in your home is so awful.

    Check local pawn shops diligently, I was able to find one of my stolen items at a local pawn store.

    It will get better!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry Jen!!!! That must be a terrible feeling, I can't even imagine. I'm just so happy that y'all are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness! :( SO sorry to hear this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear this. My best friend got robbed last year and felt exactly like this. She was upset about her jewelry but it's the violation of your privacy that hurts more. Hopefully they'll find these jerks quickly and you can get some of it back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your situation. So glad everyone is safe. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness Jen, how horrible!!! I pray they find whoever did it and maybe they can recover some of your belongings. :(
    xo
    KATY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how sickening! I'm so sorry that you all had to go through that. I'm sure your thankful that everyone is safe but how disheartening. :( Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I popped over from Somerset Cottage. I too had my house broken in to and robbed about 10 years ago and lost all of my jewelry. I still get sick when I think of all I lost. But if you and your family are ok, all will be fine!!

    ReplyDelete