Monday, November 22, 2010

What's going on

I don't know about y'all but things are busy, busy here! This weekend we had our Christmas pictures done and things went much more smoothly than I thought..Carsyn definitely had a few crying spells, but she finally tuckered out and I think the perfect sleepy picture got captured.

I am never one to rush the season- I hate that Christmas is forced down our throats before Halloween is over and I never put up a tree until after Thanksgiving, but with baby girl I take all of the free time I can. So this weekend Carsyn did this....


**Yes, she might be a bit blurry because that swing was cranked up full force..and yes that is a big turkey on her onesie!!

and I did this....


Now I can focus this week on the big tree I put up in the living room and a few others....

and this..


Seriously, I think that is probably the non-sexiest pantry I've ever seen!! We're such boring people..can you spy multiple bottles of hot sauce and A1?? I guess that's a total indication that the hubby has been doing about 90% of the grocery shopping, huh?

This year is a little sad for me because I'm just not sure how we are going to spend time with everyone for Thanksgiving. Usually for Thanksgiving I help my family cook so I spend a great deal of time at moms while Shane goes to his family. With baby girl we are trying to make the rounds everywhere and I just don't know how. Does anyone have a great plan on how to divide time between your and your spouse's families??

Always before the Friday after Thanksgiving we stay at home and watch Christmas movies and decorate the house. This year I'm super excited that my in laws will be moving into their new home. Their home burnt down just days before Christmas last year. I think we'll be able to do our decorating Saturday and Sunday as I'm really looking forward to getting them in their new home- Its gorgeous and I hope to post pics soon..to see the progress you can always check out my SIL's blog.

In the next month we will be celebrating is my SIL's birthday, my aunt's, my 2 cousins, my mom's, my sister's, my grandma's and my and Shane's 10 year anniversary!! I was hoping we would take a weekend trip, but between all of the birthdays, Carsyn's sip and see, and his company Christmas party I think our weekends are booked.

Some people have been asking for my chicken salad recipe and I'm happy to post it. I adapted it from the Johnny Fleeman's honey mustard dressing bottle. My husband and sister refuse to eat anything with mayo so I'm always excited to find recipes for dishes that traditionally use it and have a substitute.

Hawaiian Chicken Salad

(3) 10 oz cans premium white cooked chicken
(4) stalks celery -chopped
(1/2-1 cup) pecans-use whatever size you prefer-I prefer larger chunks
(1) granny smith apple chopped
(1) small can crushed pineapple-drained

Mix all ingredients together and add honey mustard dressing to taste- I always used Johnny Fleeman's brand (about 1- 1 1/2 cups) but I have not been able to find it lately and have been substituting Kraft honey mustard. It seems to work fine and I use about 1/2 -3/4 of a 16 oz bottle.

**please bear with me as I usually guess at this recipe-I still do not have it written down..Enjoy!!

1 comment: