Thursday, August 5, 2010

To Beat the Heat

I don't know what part of the country you live in, but here in KY it has been HOT!! Combine near 100 degree days with a pregnant lady and the result is not good. So far I can think of few things providing comfort-

1. Swimming pool = bliss




2. Cold desserts (which = the reason you don't see my pregnant self in above picture)

This is my attempt at the Southern Living Lemonade pie featured in the August issue..YUMMY!!! I still prefer Key Lime, but this is a close second.

3. Speedway Coke Freeze (boo for the fact my Sonic closed last year)

Hope everyone is enjoying this nice, hot summer!

2 comments:

  1. It has been soo hot here in texas too! I never go outside unless it's after 7pm because I would just die. But cold drinks and deserts to make summers easier to handle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! i'm also a KY gurl :)following you from FF :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    Dawn :)
    http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete