Friday, February 4, 2011

A Peek Inside..

My bookshelf!! Well actually it's my nookshelf thanks to my sweet, sweet MIL. I have built-in bookshelves on my house wish list for 2011. Our books are stashed all over the house currently and I'd love to get them organized.

In keeping with things I love.. I love to read-books, magazines, anything I can get my hands on.

Let's start with magazines- I currently subscribe to House Beautiful, Food Network Magazine, Shape, Womens Health, Parenting, & US Weekly on the nook. I usually like to tear recipes and home ideas and put them in a folder, but the nook does have a nice bookmark feature. I look forward to vacation this year because instead of having a stack of reading goodies to lug everything will be on one little device. Otherwise I subscribe to Southern Living, In Style, Veranda, Coastal Living (my favs), Food & Wine, Cosmo, Redbook, & Marie Claire. I got a good deal on the latter and think it's probably time to nix them. I know that's way too many probably, but they make me happy :)

As far as books this year
Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Cruise-currently reading- it's just ok
Vision in White by Nora Roberts -as suggested by my SIL-as always Nora Roberts does not disappoint

Usually I read fiction but I have 2 non fiction books on my wish list
Dirty Sexy Politics by Meghan McCain (I've been meaning to read this for awhile and keep forgetting about it)
Decision Points by George W Bush

I also have a couple of books on my wish list as suggested by others
Tick Tock by James Patterson
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

What's on your reading list? Any recommendations?

3 comments:

  1. Your magazine list is even longer than mine! I went a little crazy last year during an Amazon sale but finaly cut back this fall. I think I'm down to 7. My favorites are InStyle, Food Network and Entertainment Weekly.

    You should definitely read The Hunger Games series. They were soooo good! I finished The Hunger Games and had to head to Barnes & Noble at lunch the same day b/c I could not wait to get the second book from the library! I also liked Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner and Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. If you haven't read Jen Lancaster's latest book, it was great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another James Patterson series is the Women's Murder Club series...very, very good! I have read them all through once and then listened to them on CD on car trips all over! Highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not proud to admit that I barely read books, I can, haha but IDK why I don't. i really want to read Megan McCain's book, and I also LOVE my women's health magazine. I also rip out all the recipes and flat belly diet pages!
    xo
    KATY

    ReplyDelete