Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Its a Wrap- Christmas 2012

Are you as depressed as I am that Christmas is over?  Maybe its the fact that we all have had the flu and didn't get to enjoy it as much as always, but I just kept thinking of this quote from Ralphie in A Chistmas Story "Oh, life is like that. Sometimes, at the height of our revelries, when our joy is at it's zenith, when all is most right with the world, the most unthinkable disasters decend upon us."  

Dramatic, much?  Nonetheless Christmas came and it was a happy occasion- except for the fact I did not get to watch one minute of A Christmas Story marathon....you better believe the family won't be making that mistake again next year.

We woke up Chistmas Eve morning and the littles were in such high spirits!  Santa had left a few presents under each of the kid's trees and they opened them with sheer delight.  Do you love Hank's tree as much as I do?  I swear it was pretty in person!!


Santa brought Carsyn and Hank their own little beach house!

In true Carsyn fashion she ditched the blue box for a big book of boo-boos and declared Hank's basketball goal "CARSYNS!"



We made a quick trip to my mom and dad's Christmas Eve night and then to Shane's papaws.  Carsyn LOVED playing with her cousins and aunts!








We spent the night at Shane's mom and dad's and woke up Christmas morning to more presents!! Yay for family matching pjs!! The kids won't mind wearing those until they're 30, right?




Have y'all seen this Barbie Dream Home?  Carsyn is already pondering why mommy and daddy's home is not as nice!


We headed back to mom and dad's that evening and Carsyn's sickness began to set in.  I thought for a minute she was going to go to sleep in her new sleeping bag.  Poor girl just set in her Barbie car for an hour.









How about this boy?? I swear he has stolen momma's heart!  Happy Hank loved all of the attention.


I just adore my parents-aren't they the cutest?




2 comments:

  1. I'm sad that Christmas is over too. At least my kids are home from school this week:) Your kiddos look adorable in their matching outfits:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures. Those sweet babies make the holidays so special. So glad everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete