Monday, January 14, 2013

Priorities and Getting Back in the Swing of Things

Are Resolutions still on your mind?  I guess they are on mine as well.  Being busy during the holiday season is NOT a good reason to skip church.  Ummmm..pretty sure Jesus is the whole point of Christmas.

We finally made it to church this morning and Carsyn was so happy to be reunited with her friend, Kyria.



Can you tell?  I even took Hank along and I think he enjoyed the service as well..especially the singing and attention!  Now, if only I could quit worrying about the kids being loud and concentrate on the sermon :)

I told myself I would do better with reading the Lord's word in 2013 and so far I have.  Several people have mentioned Jesus Calling so I downloaded it and have been trying to read a little every night before bed.  I've been jotting down notes and just a few things I need to remind myself of daily.  I've dusted off some other books and put them on my nightstand as well.  I'll keep you updated.



Changing the subject, W and I had a little date night Saturday night.  We planned to see a movie but everything started too late so we ended up having a quick bite to eat.  Honestly, I think date nights are important. Really. But, I do not know which is more distracting, keeping 2 kids happy at the table or texting your mom every few minutes under the table wondering how the kids are.

Please tell me I'm not the only one?

So, what are your priorities??

2 comments:

  1. We wanted to see a movie Friday night and ended up just doing dinner too. It's practically impossible to sneak off for both. One day! (I hope.)

    Love C's adorable yellow shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pics! Glad you all got away for a date night.

    ReplyDelete