Monday, September 26, 2011

me

First, thank you lovely ladies for your recent sweet comments through twitter and my last blog post. I promise I am not skinny!!! I just have bird legs that create that illusion. That's why you'll usually see me in skirts and dresses. Pants are not my fashion friend. The dress in my last post is from JCrew and I believe everyone in my family owns it. My boots are Coach from about 3 seasons ago. They are super comfy and I wear them with everything.

Recently some of my blog buddies have been a victim of mean comments-Ick!! How classless!! These ladies are sweet, beautiful, smart & witty! That's why so many people follow their blogs and want to hear what they have to say Some of these ladies are mommas and I cannot believe anyone would leave them snarky comments,especially including their children. These women are real and they choose to share their life with others and if you don't want to hear about it-don't read!

I have been lucky and have received so many compliments via my blog and twitter! Of course they say you haven't actually "made it" until you have a few haters! For those of you recently who have poured out compliments-you MAKE MY DAY! :)

I always hope strangers who read my blog know the "real me". I do think everything I write about on here is a bit romanticized as I just don't want to document the bad times..Do you want to hear about a stomach virus that reared its ugly head this weekend? Didn't think so..The fact the hubby might kill me when we add up the bill from Carsyn's birthday?? Thought not. Things are not always sunny, but I definitely try to find the bright side in every situation. So here's a little bit of info about the real me...

I'm 32. People say your 30s are the best times of your life and I was always skeptical. I think they're going to be right. I have baby girl to thank for that. Who is baby girl, you might ask if you're new here..that would be Carsyn Presley. While she might be the source of a few complaints she's also my everything. That's the TRUTH, whether she should or shouldn't be. Other people that mean the world to me would include my hubby, my family, and a few friends. My hubby is the first to tell you he's a coal miner. He worked his way through college underground and graduated from UK with a mining engineering degree in 1997. Our paths never crossed at UK as I'm a little younger, but that's probably a good thing-I'm not sure what I would have thought of the frat boy prankster that still surfaces from time to time. He works for the best coal company in America and alongside the best people! He's an amazing, doting father who's one character flaw is being over achiever. Well that, and never remembering the words to the song he's singing.

My big sister is my rock. She's also one of the reasons I consider having another child. I tell her everything and know there will never be any judgies. I see my mom and dad every day. They are awesome parents, hardworking people, and polar opposites-Ha! I think I'm more like dad, but as I grow older I find myself becoming more like my mother. My in-laws are actually pretty amazing also. I really feel like I have another mother, father, sister, and brother.


You know what's not amazing?? The pressure I put on myself. You know what that leads to?? Meltdowns! Do y'all put too much pressure on yourselves? Like every party you throw has to be perfect, or wanting your child to be ahead of every learning curve? Feeling your house has to be picked up before people come over? I fall into these traps all of the time! I'm reading Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity and hoping it resolves some of my issues.


I'm a sucker for fashion, but this does not mean I leave my house every day looking like I stepped out of a magazine. Most days I'm in yoga pants and a tee with my hair in a ponytail. See??



I do love getting dressed up and probably spend too much time perusing fashion mags, but a girl's gotta have a hobby, right? Speaking of hobbies I'd much rather be at home with my nose in a book than anywhere else. I'm a loner, I guess. A solitary run or lunch is my idea of a pretty awesome time. Well, unless you count cuddling with baby girl-that probably tops it. An idea day would start with sleeping late then coffee and donuts for breakfast. Next, a jog or walk with baby girl followed by lounging in the sun. I'd love to cook dinner for my family-definitely pasta and sit down and enjoy it over a nice glass of red. A little tv or reading and the off to sleep. Notice, there's no working, washing dishes, doing laundry, or cleaning mentioned-A girl can dream, right??


The real me is uber senstive too!! I always question if I hurt people's feelings. I waste too much time worrying what others think of me. I'm also a hugger. Sometimes when I go to hug people and they back away I inwardly cringe...ooops sorry if I made you uncomfortable! (Then I lay in bed awake at night worrying they think I'm weird. Then I worry that makes me weird and what a triival thing to worry about-I really need to sleep and get over myself!)


I love manis and pedis but I also love a good day's work!! I love to dig in the dirt, but I have a black thumb. I guess its just an excuse to get outside. I love being outdoors, but I actually love Fall and Winter more. I get giddy at the thought of being snowed in with a pantry full of hot chocolate and cookie makings.


I'm fiercely loyal and take sides on everything! I take UK basketball way too seriously. I still feel such disdain for Duke basketball.

I guess that's me in a nutshell. Did you know the real me?

**update: apparently the "real me" can't operate spellcheck either-while proofreading this morning I spotted way too many misspellings-pet peeve-SORRY!

9 comments:

  1. Such a great post! It's good to learn more about you. I think you're so lucky to see your parents everyday. I'd give anything to have mine live closer. My sister is my best friend too. I hope Blaire has a sister one day. Not any day soon. :) And the lay in bed at night and think about the awkward stuff I did during the day thing - I totally do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved learning more about you honey! I can't believe someone would leave mean comments on blogs. They obviously have jealousy issues. Have a fabulous night doll!

    Don't forget to enter my 2 year blogoversary giveaway!

    http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/09/its-giveaway-happy-blogoversary-blonde.html

    Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Such a good post. I'm a loner too and Mason is my world. I also see my parents almost everyday. I used to live less than a mile from them until we moved this past spring. Can we still be friends even though I'm a duke fan? I know. I know. First UT and now Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this too! I love how the nastiness that's been going on is just making us all that much closer, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!!! I'm still fairly new to blogging so I always feel like I'm picking up in the middle of a story:). Thanks so much for sharing-I too stress entirely too much about trying to make everything perfect and will probably be having the same convo with my husband about my baby girl's bday party..ooppss-it only happens once:)

    Hope you are having a great start to the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your best post yet!
    When one speaks from the heart...nothing surpasses it!

    You are a great kid.
    Keep writing and we will keep reading.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post and just love you! Did I just make things awkward?! Hope not...pretty sure we would be IRL friends if you lived here/I lived there! I wish I could see my parents more! You're a lucky girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute post! I love hearing more about one of my favorites!

    how come you make yoga pants and a t-shirt so dang cute!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally laughed at "you haven't made it until you have haters" - so funny! I keep reading about the drama but since I don't tweet and am not majorly into blogging, I have no idea - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete