Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Drinking the Koolaid

I guess I'm a follower. I'd like to think of myself as a strong, independent leader but maybe I'm more the opposite. I'm a make no apologies about it product junkie. You know how they say when you buy a new item you should throw one out? Not in this house. I hoard my beauty products. I anticipate the InStyle best beauty buys issue way in advance and tear out the little cheat sheet for future purchases. I'm not really an expert but by now I think we all know if you've never tried Nars blush in orgasm or if you haven't had Chanel Vamp or OPI Lincoln Park After Dark on your nails at least once you might be living in a cave. You know what happens when you have a little one?? Well you kinda start living in a cave. At least I have in certain ways. So here are a few beauty products that have finally sucked me in.. And a Life Planner to boot. Have you heard about the Erin Condren Life Planner ;)






I am the last person in America to get the naked palette. Why? Because I have 18000 eye shadows. But I caved eventually. Have you tried it? It's sparkly wonderment-love!

I have watched about 800 infomercials and 500 hours of qvc talking about the Wen products. My hair is still in rough shape after the kiddo. The new growth is so frizzy and it feels drier than it was before. I've been using the Wen for about a month. People have been telling me my hair looks good but maybe that's just because I went 12 weeks without color last time-yikes. My hair does feel healthier, I'm just not sure I'm sold yet.

Lastly, the Life Planner- It's cute, tough, & fun to use. I just wish it had an address book. Then again that gives me an excuse to order another item! You need to go order one of these stat ladies! Trust me, you'll love it!

What have you recently purchased that you must share with others? Tell me so I can run out and get it!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, the first three sentence you wrote sums me up! I do the same thing! Complete "Product Junkie" and I let everyone know when that In style is out...LOVE IT! Thanks for being so relate able! FYI Wet N Wild lip pencil in 666 is the best and the cheapest. Goes with everything, started using when Jessica Simpson mentioned it in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my life planner is arriving this week! hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was holding out on the Erin Condren planner, but between your post and Laura's, I don't think I can resist any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely guilty of caving into the "peer pressure" of buying the latest and greatest. However, I am really glad I caved and got the life planner! Love it! But like you, I really wish it had an address book. I had some leftover credits and b/w that and a $25 off code, I went ahead and ordered one of Erin Condren's address books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not the last person to buy the Naked palette- I still don't have it!! I certainly know about it and would love to have it but just never picked it up. Glad to know you like it! I am in looooove with my life planner. So glad I jumped on that bandwagon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the shout out! the erincondren team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, I'm with you. I'm a total product junkie. This is old news, but have you used the Tre Semme dry shampoo? It's a straight up life saver for me! With super thick, naturally curly hair it helps immensely not to wash it every day. I only wash it every other day as it is, so it's like a miracle product in a bottle!! And I love your planner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I literally try every product on the market! I laughed when I looked at your blog today - I read this post and then the one below it. I have the Express dress too! Got it the day it came in the stores here! Love my Naked Palette, my Nars products, and I buy everything that Bobbi Brown makes. If I see it in a magazine, I will find it!

    Also, I ordered an Erin Condren address book to match my LP because it didn't have one! I love it and would highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, pretty much a product junkie too..lol. And oh how I want one of those life planners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post.

    My latest awesome purchase would be the Clarisonic (ok hubby got it for me) but I had been dying to have it and I must say that I look forward to washing my face everyday! Lovers it!

    http://www.clarisonic.com/?gclid=CLy5vsjbn6sCFZB35Qodb3WAJA

    Oh and they come in pretty colors now too. (mine is just white)

    ReplyDelete
  11. dont feel bad, I still haven't purchased the Naked palette for the same reasons. I have so many neutral e/s's so i can't justify the purchase. I've heard tooons of good things about the Wen products as well. Still haven't tried them yet though.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete