Sunday, September 18, 2011

My darling Carsyn






Carsyn Presley, I cannot believe a year has went by with you in my life. As sappy as it sounds, your momma is a wreck at the thought of you turning one, What was my life like without you? You have become my best friend, my shopping buddy, my jogging partner, my napping sidekick, the reason I wake up with a smile on my face. No matter what I'm doing baby girl, its funner if you're there.

Exactly a year ago I lay in bed terrified at becoming your mother. How could I be responsible for a little one?? I can't even find my keys in the morning and forget to walk the dog on a daily basis. I prayed for the Lord to give me guidance and make me a good mother. To grant me patience and understanding at times needed. I wondered what you'd look like, if you'd be ok, if my heart would burst with happiness the minute I laid eyes on you, Boy, did it ever. That cry was the BEST sound I've ever heard in my life-10 fingers, 10 toes, and pure perfection. It was love at first sight. You have taught me so much and made my life complete. We definitely have tested each other at times, but those late nights and early mornings bonded us in ways I never imagined. At times sleep was my main focus I would catch myself holding you a little longer or just watching you sleep in your crib, Funny how those first few months are so hard at the time, but how they were the best months of your life in hindsight.

As always, Carsyn, your daddy and I love you more than you can imagine. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings for you, baby girl!

Love, Mommy

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's a year old. Wow! Happy Birthday to your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a GREAT mama! Happy birthday to sweet Carsyn! Hope y'all have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Carsyn! We love you!

    ReplyDelete