Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day



(oh lonely adirondack chair I promise soon I'll be sitting in you listening to some Bob Marley and enjoying a margarita)

It seems everyone in the country is seeing their fair share of snow days this winter and KY has been no exception. Every 3-4 days we receive about 3-4 inches of snow. I actually, secretly love it, but hate that the hubby has to drive to work in it :( I have been suffering from a horrible sinus infection which has lasted for about 3 weeks since I have been scared to take any antibiotics. I finally started some and might possibly be feeling better. Since I have had no sense of taste or smell for about a week I told the hubby to watch out cause as soon as I get my appetite back this girl is ordering a large plain cheese pizza from Papa Johns and eating the whole thing by herself! Seriously, if I eat one more can of soup I'm gonna throw up. Since there is a major lack of things to blog about I figured I would at least share what's currently on my mind:

* I totally live for UK athletics but our basketball team just has not won me over this season..I miss you John Wall and Demarcus Cousins

* I wish I would have started watching the Bachelor this season..it seems that's all people are talking about and I hate being out of the loop

* Being stuck at home for days gets me in the mood to remodel..right now I really want to turn our attic into a playroom for Carsyn..she totally needs it considering she's almost 4 months old, right?

* I am so excited for the NFL playoffs...Tom Brady is back and I think its the year for a Patriots superbowl victory!

* I have not seen a good movie in FOREVER..any suggestions?

* Of the few things I miss BB (before baby) putting on makeup or just getting ready to go somewhere is at the top..the old me would have a little glass of wine and enjoy the whole process. The new routine..put baby in bouncy seat, start process,eyeliner on one eye, rock the baby, other eye, rock the baby, mascara, pick baby up and reposition, blush, finally pick baby up and balance on lap, try to finish putting face on

* I still crack up every time I hear "T-shirt time" on Jersey shore..I do my best imitation for Carsyn and yell "Tummy Time"..unfortunately, this not amuse her or make tummy time more enjoyable

* There's nothing better than warm oatmeal for breakfast this time of year..has anyone tried McDonald's version?

* My next home will have an enormous woodburning fireplace- Or else my current home having one is on this year's home improvement list

* So many friends and family members tell me they enjoy my blog so much and it really makes my day, but I really think they all would be so much better at it. I will not name names, but I know you people are reading and you need to start one!!!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I think you can go to ABC.com and watch the first 2 episodes of The Bachelor. Yep, I'm pretty much crazy for knowing that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is wonderful! I love reading it!

    I have to admit - I'm jealous of the snow everyone is getting. I read on CNN that Florida is the only state in the country without snow!

    I haven't been to the theater to see a movie in a while but we just rented The Social Network last night and I really liked it. Going the Distance came out on DVD not too long ago - I liked that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,

    I'm so happy to have found your blog!!! Give me a call sometime and we'll scrapbook!

    Take care,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you've been sick! I hope you feel better soon. I'm watching the Bachelor and as usual, I'm completely entertained. You should watch it online! You've only missed 2 episodes so far. I watched The Town last weekend and thought it was really good, I'd definitely recommend it. I also secretly wish we had snow days.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete