Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day is such a wonderful holiday.





I love that we celebrate mothers.




I love buying a little something for my mom and MIL that they normally wouldn't pick up for themselves.  (Carsyn loves the fact we celebrate with chocolate cupcakes.)



I love seeing my sister and catching up on girl chat and stories of our kid's latest shenanigans.



I love dressing my family (including baby dolls) in coordinating outfits.  And forcing my hubby to take pictures.





(Even if he captures our goofy expressions and cheese faces with a little too much enthusiasm.)

I love spending time with my MIL & SIL who spoil me with sweet gifts and kind words.

As parents I like to think its enough to love our children with all of our heart.  I can do that.  But I struggle with making sure Carsyn and Hank are aware of the Lord's blessings daily.  While studying my Bible tonight I came across this:


Proverbs 14:26

New International Version (NIV)
26 Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress,
    and for their children it will be a refuge.


As a mother my greatest gift to Carsyn and Hank is giving them a home of faith.  How do you do it?


No comments:

Post a Comment