Friday, July 6, 2012

Watercolor



We spent a nice, relaxing week at Watercolor a month or so ago. We visited the area for the first time last year and fell in love. I was determined to go back despite the 12ish hour drive. The weather was perfect, the beach was pleasantly uncrowded and baby girl was my typical beach babe.


We rented a house that was next door to the resort which worked out pretty well. During nap time I could shop at the local stores or hang out at the beach or pool while the hubby was back at the house with the babe.


 Please don't feel sorry for him..he had a nice view and loathes shopping ;)



For those who have been to the area before we also took strolls to Seaside quite frequently. Carsyn loved playing in the grassy area with other kids and we caught several sunsets on the way back.












Carsyn really began her little exploring phase on this trip...she's no longer my baby that's happy to sit in the stroller for hours.

 


Oh, and we're in the Barbie and coloring phase also..




In addition to Seaside we also visited the Destin area and Baytowne Wharf.


Carsyn LOVES the water!

 

...and Daddy and Mommy!



One of the things I love about this area is the architecture...I always take pictures and tuck them away for my dream home folder.  I'm adding a sleeping porch, soothing bedroom paint colors, and daybeds to my list!





3 comments:

  1. We usually vacation at Rosemary. It's about 10 miles down 30A. But we LOVE Seaside too! It's so relaxing! You look FANTASTIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back from our 30A vacation - my parents have a house near Rosemary :)

    Do you all ever check out Rosemary Beach or the other end? Y'all would love it. My parents actually "lived" at Watercolor while evacuated from NOLA for Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! I am having twins in August and naming our little girl Karsyn. I have never been to Watercolor,but have heard great things about it. Where do you purchase you and Carsyn Lilly Puiltzer outfits from. To cute!!!

    ReplyDelete